In this workshop, children experience a wood working version of Montessori building blocks. Building blocks are considered the most classic of childhood toys. It is such a successful toy because it allows for self-directed activity, hands-on learning and collaborative play. During this 2.5 hour workshop, participants will design, plan and build their own toy!
- Toy Train
- Toy Airplane
- Toy Vehicle
- Design and ideate!
- Boost creativity, create a 2D plan
- Develop independent thinking
- Builds Confidence: The joy of completing a woodworking project instills a sense of accomplishment and boosts self-esteem.
- Develops Fine Motor Skills: Handling tools and working with wood hones your child's dexterity and precision.
- Encourages Focus: As they immerse themselves in woodworking, they learn to concentrate and pay attention to detail.
- Promotes Problem-Solving: Overcoming challenges during woodworking sessions nurtures their critical thinking skills.
- Fosters Collaboration: Working with others in the woodworking studio enhances teamwork and communication.
Wooden Toy Workshop for Kids
Recommended age: 6 and above.
Children under 6 years must be parent accompanied.
Workshop duration: 2.5 hours
Children are encouraged to take breaks throughout the session. Do pack your own snacks if you need it. We have Milo & Ribena for you!
Attire: Please wear closed-toe shoes to the venue. Dress comfortably. No loose or flowy clothing.
No use of power tools for the safety of the children.
All personal PPE (personal protective equipment) will be provided